Interior Window Treatments
Plantation shutters are chosen for privacy, light diffusion and airflow. Some styles are built for improved energy efficiency.
- Plantation Shutters: Classic style for current homes. Wood or cellular PVC shutters with wide louvers (2.5”, 3.5” or 4.5” options at no additional cost). Fully customizable and available in a variety of colors. Louver Shop of Cincinnati exclusive. Also known as plantation blinds.
- Classic Plantation Shutters: Premium wood and cellular PVC plantation shutters that give a traditional style in any home. Our most popular shutter.
- Heritage Diamond Select™: Solid wood plantation shutters crafted with top-of-the-line materials. They will set your home apart from the rest.
- LouverWood®: Cellular PVC plantation shutters that insulate three times more efficiently than wood.
- Signature Shutters: Solid wood plantation shutters with an exclusive build only available from Louver Shop of Cincinnati.
- Traditional Shutters: The “original” interior wood shutter with narrow frames and smaller louvers (1.25”).
Make your home more comfortable and stylish with Hunter Douglas blinds from Louver Shop of Cincinnati. As durable as they are beautiful, there’s a window blind for every room. A great choice to filter light and increase privacy.
- Horizontal Blinds: Traditional window treatment crafted in wood or PVC.
- EverWood®: Moisture-resistant PVC blinds that have the look of wood.
- Parkland®: Timeless horizontal hardwood blinds.
- Plantation Blinds: Plantation blinds have wider slats, like plantation shutters. Usually built from wood or faux wood.
- Mini Blinds: Horizontal aluminum blinds with long, narrow louvers.
- Vertical Blinds: Individual louvers clipped into a sliding track at the top of the blind.
- Cadence®: Soft vertical blinds with the look of drapes.
- Skyline®: Gliding vertical fabric panels with contemporary style.
- Somner®: Custom vertical blinds in vinyl, fabric or aluminum.
- Vertical Solutions®: Budget-friendly fabric or vinyl vertical blinds.
Hunter Douglas shades can filter sunlight, impact heat transfer and defend against damaging UV rays.
- Honeycomb Shades: Offers exceptional energy efficiency. Numerous air pockets give them a honeycomb-like shape and excellent insulating qualities.
- Applause®: Budget-friendly, energy-efficient honeycomb shade with triple-cell construction.
- Duette®: Most energy-efficient honeycomb shade made.
- Pleated Shades: A single piece of fabric that stacks into neat pleats when raised.
- Roman Shades: One piece of fabric that hangs flat while closed and stacks when raised.
- Roller and Solar Shades: Simple, cost-effective shades. Curls around a roller when raised. Some models provide increased insulation and light-filtering capabilities.
- Designer Roller: Roller shade featuring more than 330 fabric choices.
- Designer Screen: Roller shades with UV protection and a view.
- Sonnette™: Traditional roller shade with energy-efficient construction.
- Sheer Shades: Brings both light and privacy. Incorporates vertical or horizontal adjustable vanes floating between backings.
- Nantucket™: Affordable sheers that combine drapes and floating horizontal blinds.
- Pirouette®: Customizable sheers with exceptional light control that combine drapes and floating horizontal blinds.
- Silhouette®: Premium sheers with excellent light control that combine drapes and floating horizontal blinds.
- Luminette®: Combines the style of drapes and floating vertical blinds.
Hunter Douglas Operating Systems
Hunter Douglas offers a variety of motorized and manual operating systems for their blinds and shades. Available systems vary based on the product.
Motorized Operating Systems
- PowerView®: Wireless operating system controlled or scheduled via a remote or mobile device.
- SoftTouch™: Battery-operated system with wand operation.
- Vertical Motorized System: Remote or wall-mount system for vertical blinds.
Manual Operating Systems
- UltraGlide®: Retractable cord or wand stay at a consistent length when raising or lowering shades.
- LiteRise®: Cordless system works with your touch, pushing up to raise or pulling down to lower.
- Duolite®: Light diffusion and shade darkening in one product.
- LightLock™: Brings 100% blackout capability for Duette® Honeycomb Shades.
- Top-Down/Bottom Up: Open your shades from the top, bottom or anywhere in between.
- Vertiglide™: Cordless operating system for Duette® and Applause® Honeycomb Shades. Can be manual or motorized.
- SimpleLift™: Contoured bottom rail takes away the need for a handle, making raising and lowering shades easy.
- Cordless Lifting System: Cord-free spring-assist system to raise and lower large window treatments.
- EasyRise™: Pull on a loop to raise or lower a shade.
- Clutch-Operated Continuous Cord Loop: Continuous loop operates on a pulley, rotating a clutch to raise or lower a shade.
- Custom Clutch: Smooth operating system that creates the smallest gap possible between a shade and a window to reduce the most light.
- Standard Cordlock: Locks into place for convenient operation and cleaner appearance.
- Combination Wand/Cord Control: Brings single control to traverse or rotate the vanes or louvers.
- Wand Control: Swaps looped pull cords with a wand.
- Chain and Cord: Provides smooth operation and excellent light control.
Parts and Features of Shutters, Blinds and Shades
We frequently refer to these parts and features on our window treatment product pages.
- Architella®: Premium feature for unique Hunter Douglas products. Features superior energy efficiency.
- Cells: Sections that form a honeycomb shade.
- ClearView™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas component that increases the outdoor view for select window treatments.
- de-Light™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas option for blinds that hides cord holes and diminishes light leakage.
- End Retention System: Proprietary Louver Shop option on hurricane shutters that takes away the need for storm bars.
- IllumiCell™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas light-diffusing option for Duette® Architella® Honeycomb Shades.
- Invisi-Lift™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas option for shades that floats horizontal vanes on a sheer backing.
- Louver: Wide horizontal panels in a plantation shutter.
- MagnaView®: Proprietary Hunter Douglas component for select horizontal blinds that almost doubles the view.
- Polymer: Also referred to as faux or fake wood. Ideal for rooms with high moisture.
- PerfectView: Louver Shop of Cincinnati offers a current operating system for our shutters that hides the traditional tilt bar from view. This provides smooth operation and improved view through the shutter.
- Slat: Individual strips that compose a horizontal blind.
- SofTrak™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas component for vertical blinds ensuring easy, quiet operation.
- Tilt Rod: Used on shutters to open or close louvers.
- Trielle™: Proprietary component for Hunter Douglas Duette Architella Honeycomb Shades that enhances energy efficiency.
- Vane: Hanging panels in a vertical blind.